Yes, we are having workshops! We will be posting the workshop schedule near the middle of May once we receive all staff info.
Due to the Sunday session demand - we've moved the warmup time
to 7:30 am. Please check Event Schedule for more details.
This workshop schedule is TENTATIVE. The times might change so check back frequently. We will post the final schedule next week.
We've added two Gary McIntyre's Intensives on Saturday. These intensives are NOT included in the VIP pass. These are "Specialty Workshops". They will cost $10 per person.
Below is the schedule with a few tentative times to help schedule your arrival times. We will have a final schedule with exact start times a few days before the event. Since all Swing contests are open until Friday (of the event) we will not be able to give exact times any earlier but the first Swing contest (which is Pro-Am Swing) will not start an earlier than 6 pm. The rest of the contests will follow each other until WSDC Prelims are over. WSDC Finals will be held Saturday starting between 5 - 5:30 pm. We will have an exact time for Saturday on the schedule once you arrive but that's as close as we estimate (30 minutes) window. Hope that helps with your scheduling.
Normally it goes something like this:
* Kick-off Social Dance Party starting around 7 pm - $5 or free with VIP pass.
* UCWDC Pro-am Int, Adv & Showcase, Pro-Pro, Spotlight AND Non-UCWDC PA Social (same as UCWDC P/A without UCWDC restrictions, Open & Age divisions) AND Showtime Spotlight (same as UCWDC Spotlight but without UCWDC restrictions).
* Awards for above
* Starting at 6pm - Open Dancing / Swing & Hustle Warmups
Below is NON-UCWDC competition
* Pro-Am Swing All levels and ages
* Pro-Am Spotlight Swing
* Pro-Am Jack & Jill (WCS and Two-Step)
* Strictly Swing Couples - all couples on the floor dancing to random music
* Swing Couples Spotlight & Rising Star (Routines w/ your own music)
* WSDC J&J - Prelims - YES, points!
* WSDC AllStars Prelims & Finals
* Awards for all above - except any Prelims
* Social Dancing in 2 ballrooms - Main & 2nd Floor ballroom
* The 2nd floor ballroom will be open for social dancing while Swing / Hustle
competitions are going on. We will be playing a Country & Swing mix.
* UCWDC Pro-Am Newcomer, Social and Syllabus
* UCWDC Pro-Am Novice
* Awards for both Newcomer & Novice
* WSDC Finals - estimated start time between 5-5:30 pm
* Ballroom Closes to prepare for Show - estimated time 6 - 6:30 pm
* Saturday Show w/ Masters * Div 1 Open, Performers & a few surprises
* Two-Step J&J - Bring $5 on the floor and dance for $$$. Usually starts around 10:30 pm
* Social Dancing in2 ballrooms
* The 2nd floor ballroom will be open for social dancing while Saturday Show is going on. We will be playing a Country & Swing mix. After show, the 2nd floor ballroom will be
playing Swing music. Country mix will be playing in Main ballroom after show.
* UCWDC Couples, ALL Line, Crown / Crown Plus, & Teams